BUG: Exposure goes to max

Report and discuss bugs here!
toadman

BUG: Exposure goes to max

Post by toadman »

version 0.7
I will be using my USB webcam just fine for viewing through my window to outside,
then it will make the exposure maximum, making almost the entire video/picture white.

The only way to solve this, is to choose a different webcam and then switch back or to unplug/replug the webcam.

Many of the settings are locked, but the "exposure" slider and the checkbox for "Auto" does nothing DURING this bug (but does function when it is not bugged).
I am using this for streaming and I would love to have a way to ACTUALLY reset the exposure to auto remotely.

If you can't reproduce this bug or you don't understand, I will give an alternative solution.

If you can add a feature where I can remotely change the selected webcam to "none"
and then back to the one I use,
that would allow me to remotely resolve the problem as it occurs.

If you really wanted to be nice, you could add an option to automatically change to none and then back to the webcam that was selected from the list at a set interval or at set times. This would act as a solution to get around the bug I experience, without actually fixing the issue, which is possible it may just be my webcam or my computer causing the problem, meaning it may be the only solution that works and would solve the problem for other people who may have similar issues.

If you wanted to be super nice, you could also allow me to change extra options remotely, such as toggle preview fullscreen.

I am using "Stream".
malun
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Exposure goes to max

Post by malun »

The exposure is controlled by the drivers for the webcam.
What camera are you using? Please make sure to download and install the latest drivers for that camera.

/malun