Rille

Post by Rille »

Tested

but i get the same error as before.

load: class YawApplet not found
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Aaaarrrghhh! This makes me crazy! Are you sure that you reloaded the page properly, so that the browser didn't use a cached applet?

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Ok, a new attempt. This time the applet is compiled with java 1.1 and not with java 1.5 as before. The source code has not been changed since last time. I have only changed the compiler.

I have replaced the old applet with the new one here:
http://www.yawcam.com/newapplet/YawApplet.class

Can someone please test if this change will overcome the incompabilities with MSJAVA?

Rille> Also your "WebcamController.class" has been recompiled again, and can be found at the same url as above.

/malun
Rille

Post by Rille »

It works now JIPPI :D
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

This is so strange! The code is apparently compatible with MSJAVA, but when I compile the applet with java 1.5, the applet won't load. If i compile with java 1.1 on the other hand it suddenly works!

I wonder what sun was thinking about when they released java 1.5 :shock:

Anyway, I'm glad that it seems to work now :D
I will make a repack of the installationfile, so that all new downloaders will get an applet that is compatible with MSJAVA.

Thanks once again for your generous help Rille!

/malun
RRRRyan

Post by RRRRyan »

yessir... it does seem to work in msjava. Thanks!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

...and thank you RRRRyan for starting this topic at the first place :D

/malun
Alaskam

0.2.4 problems

Post by Alaskam »

I too had problems after upgrading to 0.2.4. I did the upgrade because I had been having what I thought were thread handling problems with 0.2.3 that I had been running for over a month. 0.2.4 ran for almost 24 hours then stopped uploading images to my server. I rebooted the computer and restarted yawcam and received a fatal error when the preview window opened and am unable to run the detect camera applet. I tried the 0.2.4>5 beta hoping that would resolve the problem but no luck. It is installed on a Win98SE machine with the latest JRE available from SUN. I can't upgrade to newer windows because the scanner attached to the comp only works with Win98. I was almost ready to switch my computer running NetSnap commercial software over to YawCam because the older version worked so good. I'll try loading 0.2.3 back on and let you know.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I must admit that the testing with windows 98 is very sparse. It is hard to have several operating systems ready for testing. But the performence "should" be the same under windows 98 and win2000/XP.

Please let us know how the rollback to yawcam version 0.2.3 worked out!

/malun