"No device selected" for a while

Report and discuss bugs here!
kovacspeter

"No device selected" for a while

Post by kovacspeter »

I am restarting Yawcam on schedule (because if running for longer period, the stream freezes) and I have motion detection enabled.

After each restart I get a motion alert and the screenshot is completely black with "No device selected" message. When I open Yawcam to check the Motion detector screen, I see the normal camera image, so it recovers by then. Just after restart it seems that camera starts up slower then motion detector.

Thanks for paying attention. (I can provide debug log if needed.)
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I've seen this as well, I have it running as a service and everytime my computer starts, I get an alert with the "No device selected" picture.
johnny2000

Re: "No device selected" for a while

Post by johnny2000 »

Do we have any fix on this issue? Thank you.
Aznagro

Post by Aznagro »

Any solutions known yet? Seems to happen to several users in the past. We are now at 0.8.0, but I couldnt find any fixing in the previous versions. Or does anyone has a workaround?

Thank you!!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Do you get all get a "No device selected" picture?
or do you get an actual image from the camera at startup?

It's possible that this behavior have changed during the years...

I'm not able to reproduce the problem with the "No device selected" picture, however I do get a single image triggered during restart when the motion detector is enabled at startup.

/malun
Aznagro

Post by Aznagro »

To be honest my problem differs a bit, but maybe the cause is the same. I stream permanently from a cam which shut down a few hours per day and than reboot automatically. Sometimes after restarting of the camera i have the black screen "no device" as mentioned in the other posts. Restarting the cam or yawcam doesnt help, to fix it manually i have to select the camera in yawcam again. Without fixing the black display disapperas and yawcam is working correctly by random after a few days, maybe after several restarts of the camera. I have the newest version.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

That sounds like something different...

Anyhow, I've built a new beta version that don't trigger the motion detector at startup in my tests.
Please give it a try and see if it works better for you too.

Get it from here:
https://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13299

/malun