New version Bugs or Unnecessary stuff..??

Report and discuss bugs here!

Do you use yawcam as spy camera?

yes
11%
NO
89%

Total votes: 9

yawflash

New version Bugs or Unnecessary stuff..??

Post by yawflash »

I just got a new version today, after I tried it, I decided to restore the older version.. Here is why..

First of all, I used yawcam as a spycam to overlook my house and my family and see what they are doing in the house without knowing me watching them. The password feature is great. It is working and it only allows me to watch because of the password. However, after the new version comes in. It makes it worse... Here is why.

The hide feature of yawcam will only hide to system tray. I mean, in system tray, whoever is using the system looking it will find out rightaway what it is. To me, it doesn't really hide.

In order to hide the yawcam, I have to use another software called outofsight.exe. That is also a great freeware. That will hide any opened windows literally. Only control alt del or task manager can see or remove it. After I run that outofsight.exe, I will not see it at all. But I have to use it when yawcam is not opened as Hide in system tray. The previous version works great. I had it autohide. But the new version still shows it in the system tray.

I mean, if yawcam can have a feature that really hide itself, that will be great.

Second, at the end, that goodbye thing. I don't think I need that. Is there way to get rid of it? The previous does not have it which serves the purpose as spy camera.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I used yawcam as a spycam to overlook my house and my family and see what they are doing in the house without knowing me watching them.
I really feel sorry for your family. :?
I can imagine that your familiy wouldn't be glad about your spy activity.

Alex
yawflash

Perhaps Security Camera is a better therm

Post by yawflash »

I really feel sorry for your family. :?
I can imagine that your familiy wouldn't be glad about your spy activity.

Well, don't feel sorry. You just don't know the whole story. Perhaps you forgot about those abusive baby-sitters. They abuse children while the parents were out of the house. I guess you don't feel sorry for them to get caught in the camera!?

Perhaps security camera is a better term .... What if there is a thief that gets in the house?! Sometimes the word "SPY" may not mean bad. US has spy planes too. Well, it is for security reason though.....

If only there is a recording function, then yawcam will be perfect for security purpose. :roll:
Alex_GER

Post by Alex_GER »

I understand that you're worried about your familiy and want to protect them. Indeed, I never heard about such a scene before, hear in germany. In my familiy it is unusual to leave the own children in strange hands, too.

Anyway, I AM the opinion that you should inform your wife about, what you are doing with her privacy.

But this discussion doesn't fit to this board and let's end it. Feel free to do what you think is right.

Alex :wink:
Jii

Post by Jii »

I used yawcam as a spycam to overlook my house and my family and see what they are doing in the house without knowing me watching them.
I use my webcam to monitor my own apartment while I'm away from home. I'm not using it to "spy" on others. Yawcam starts on my server by the time I get to my work and shuts down while I'm on my way back home. If I'm unable to look at the surveillance stream, I use my mobile phone to get a single image from the FTP server where Yawcam uploads an image every minute. If there are people in my apartment, the camera is offline. That's my policy. People has to have some privacy and I respect that to the fullest.

So, in light of that, a right word for the method I'm using Yawcam for is more likely "surveillance" than "spying".