hangs on close?

Report and discuss bugs here!
dzidek

hangs on close?

Post by dzidek »

hi.
after keeping yawcam alive for several days (and after several ip changes every 24 hours... thank you T-Online!) i'm getting only black picture from http option of yawcam, also after re-enabling it. when i try to restart it it hangs on exit. killing it with process manager makes the windows disappear, but the process yawcam.exe is still in the system and i can't remove it (???). only reboot helps...
i tried two version 0.2.4 and 0.2.5, both experience the same problem.
bug or feature? ;-)
besides that it is a great software!
--
regards.
Jii

Post by Jii »

after keeping yawcam alive for several days (and after several ip changes every 24 hours... thank you T-Online!) i'm getting only black picture from http option of yawcam, also after re-enabling it. when i try to restart it it hangs on exit. killing it with process manager makes the windows disappear, but the process yawcam.exe is still in the system and i can't remove it (???). only reboot helps...
i tried two version 0.2.4 and 0.2.5, both experience the same problem.
bug or feature?
If you updated Yawcam version 0.2.3 to 0.2.4 (or 0.2.5), then it is likely that there is a probable version conflict, which crashes Yawcam and leaves the process hanging.

This may sound like a general solution, but try uninstalling Yawcam, delete the directory where Yawcam was located (if it isn't already being deleted by the uninstaller), reboot and reinstall.
dzidek

was there from the beginning

Post by dzidek »

Jii wrote:
If you updated Yawcam version 0.2.3 to 0.2.4 (or 0.2.5), then it is likely that there is a probable version conflict, which crashes Yawcam and leaves the process hanging.
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I had this problem with the first installed version (0.2.4) and still have it with 0.2.5. So it is not upgrade related.
I will try to describe the situation in different words. My PC runs 24h/7d. It is connected to the Net via DSL router. My provider disconnects my every 24 hours and the router takes reestablishes connection immediately. But it gets different IP. If I keep yawcam running all the time after a couple of days (hours?) I can't stop it anymore. Whwnever I try it hangs. If I use Process Manager and kill the yawcam.exe manually the yawcam window(s) dissappear from the desktop, but the process stays there and I can't remove it. I can't restart Yawcam either.
The system is XP SP1, up-to-date.
Jii

Post by Jii »

My PC runs 24h/7d. It is connected to the Net via DSL router. My provider disconnects my every 24 hours and the router takes reestablishes connection immediately. But it gets different IP. If I keep yawcam running all the time after a couple of days (hours?) I can't stop it anymore. Whwnever I try it hangs. If I use Process Manager and kill the yawcam.exe manually the yawcam window(s) dissappear from the desktop, but the process stays there and I can't remove it. I can't restart Yawcam either. The system is XP SP1, up-to-date.
Now this is strange...
Do you use the offline image posting feature in Yawcam? It may be that the program hangs after your ISP rotates the IP addresses and Yawcam can't keep up and when you exit, the Offline frame upload feature tries to connect to your FTP site and fails in a manner that it freezes Yawcam.

Of course, this is an assumption.

Try disabling the offline frame upload feature (or all such features except Streaming) on Yawcam and test if it has any effect.
dzidek

Post by dzidek »

Do you use the offline image posting feature in Yawcam?.
Yes, I think I do. But only since I got 0.2.5 so it couldn't be the reason in 0.2.4
frame upload feature tries to connect to your FTP site
I have no ftp site. I only use "http" option in yawcam.
Try disabling the offline frame upload feature
I will. Thanks.