Java 7, Update 4 causes errors

Report and discuss bugs here!
JustFax

Java 7, Update 4 causes errors

Post by JustFax »

Yawcam 0.3.6 and 0.3.7 generate errors with Java 7, Update 4 installed. Yawcam can not remember the positions where its Console window and its camera Preview window were located when last run. Yawcam can not remember the setting for defining the part of the image where motion detection should occur. Yawcam can not ftp-upload jpg files which were created as a result of motion detection to a website.
The console lists these errors for each instance of attempting to ftp-upload jpg files: "Ftp: Could not upload file! Ftp error: Permission denied: recv failed"
These errors occur when using Windows XP, 32 bit and also Windows 7, 64 bit. The errors do not occur when Java 6, Update 31 is installed.
JustFax

Post by JustFax »

I can confirm that the latest version of Yawcam 0.3.8 has corrected the FTP upload problems which I was experiencing with Yawcam 0.3.7 while I had Java 7, Update 4 installed. It appears that the work-around described at the following URL is no longer necessary:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=7077696

That work-around: "netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp disable" can be reversed by substituting "disable" with "enable" and running it again.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

[color=#000000]LA attorney[/color] wrote:I can confirm that the latest version of Yawcam 0.3.8 has corrected the FTP upload problems which I was experiencing with Yawcam 0.3.7 while I had Java 7, Update 4 installed. It appears that the work-around described at the following URL is no longer necessary:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=7077696

That work-around: "netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp disable" can be reversed by substituting "disable" with "enable" and running it again.
Hello JustFax,

Can you tell me how to set up enabled so that this problem does not occur any more?