Service Mode BUG

Report and discuss bugs here!
netlabs

Service Mode BUG

Post by netlabs »

Hi just like to say im a massive fan of this software.....but!

I have found possibly the most anoying bug!

After installing the software and setting up the port forwarding, all was fine. I could stream the webcam from one computer to another with no issues!

However after carfully reading how to setup Service mode i decided to have a crack at that. Joy computer boots up and webcam is activated without any nasty splash screens......However!!!!!!

When i turn to my other computer and enter the address same as last time, im faced with a black screen. Checked all the settings and admistrator rights and all looks fine, just cant access the stream over a network. IP address times out

Turn off Service mode, go to the second computer and hit F5 and streaming is back to normal!!

It seems that yes we can have it boot in Stealthy Service Mode but cant stream over a network unless we are in normal mode.

Please Help
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

what did you mean by "face with a black screen"?
Was it a timeout error, or you had the yawcam page loaded, but the camera was just a black picture?
netlabs

Post by netlabs »

i had Yawcam running as per instruction on your site in Service Mode. If i opened a web browser on the same computer and entered the IP+Port address (Tried both LAN & WAN), everything worked fine (happy streaming from cam to browser).

However if i then went to any other computer on my network and entered the IP address (LAN or WAN) the browser would time out every time, on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

When i then disabled Service Mode, i could access the webcam stream on all browsers with either LAN or WAN IP Addresses, from any computer on my network.

Im running 2 laptops, and 1 tower all 64bit W7. Also have a NAS media tower running 32bit Vista Ultimate. Network runs off Virgin Media 120mbs Broardband. and i installed Java 32bit and 64bit as one of the threads suggested with no joy!

All 4 PC's accessed the stream in normal mode, and only the host could access the stream in Service mode.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Well, there's 2 things I can think of.
1) Either your camera requires an application to run which only happens when you are logged in and running in normal mode.
2) You have a firewall that prevents you from connecting to your pc until you log in, or your wireless connection doesn't connect until you log in.
netlabs

Post by netlabs »

Working though your list of possibilities:
The laptop i am useing for Yawcam has a built in camera, i cant see any software other than drivers that use it.
I have desabled all 3 firewalls on the Laptop (host), Router, and Tower still nothing in Service mode, but streams fine in normal mode.

Lastly the WIFI does connect after i logon however this would make no difference on testing as all systems are fully connected and logged on. If this does become a issue then it will be a new issue once we have solved the current one!

(im not rebooting the laptop in testing just installing Services and starting Services) still have time outs on other machines however Host browsers recieve streams fine!
netlabs

Post by netlabs »

i have also attempted to hard wire the laptop to completley remove the wifi theory, still no streaming over the network, host is fine, all other compters time out
hokiecow

Re: Service Mode BUG

Post by hokiecow »

I'm having the exact same issue. Has anyone found a fix?