Wierd lines triger motion recording

Report and discuss bugs here!
Windows10User

Wierd lines triger motion recording

Post by Windows10User »

I am under 0.6.0 and when I review recorded footage from YawCam there are strange lines flashing in the recording, I am running Windows 10
tumarije

Re: Wierd lines triger motion recording

Post by tumarije »

Hello!

Is this what you ment? Those lines are not present when I checked online 1 to 1 (left to right) with direct web connection to the camera, but on motion detection picture they were. I checked over several appearances. In my case they appear from 1 to 3 or 4 at the time, their appearance is very sporadical, sometimes there is 5 or more minutes without them but sometimes they appear 5 seconds appart.

It could be some glitch in the motion detection algorithm or rather in the Reference image algorithm - I use this great feature. It appear in both cases: with and without Auto level. But I am not sure if they also appear in the Frame-to-frame mode.

For me they present no problem. :D
Attachments
Sporadically appearing lines in the Motion detection
Sporadically appearing lines in the Motion detection
Motion detection.PNG (177.56 KiB) Viewed 117440 times
nikho06

Post by nikho06 »

I have the same problem, randomly triggering motion detection; it happens maybe 30 times a day; running a low-cost asus Eeee PC 1005 PE, Windows 7 starter ed. with all updates applied, and drivers up-to-date, yawcam 0.6, I wonder if it has to do with the PC's specs not high enough ?
Here is a sample:
motion_2017-04-19-09.22.44_919.jpg
motion_2017-04-19-09.22.44_919.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 117075 times
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

I was beating my head against the wall trying to decide if it was my camera, my USB port, or drivers that were broken. This is exactly what I have been getting!

1. These are single-frame glitches that appear to be randomly spaced anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes apart.

2. They are visible in motion detection, motion detection settings view, AND in stream broadcast, but NOT in the preview window.

3. These only occur when motion detection is ACTIVE, or when the motion detection settings preview is open.

Windows 7
CPU: I7-2600
Cam: Logitech C920, plugged into USB 3.0 port
Format: RGB24 15fps 800x600

motion_set.png
motion_set.png (177.04 KiB) Viewed 71556 times
motion_2017-07-14_13.55.25_740.jpg
motion_2017-07-14_13.55.25_740.jpg (69.47 KiB) Viewed 71556 times
ChristopherKris

Post by ChristopherKris »

So....whats its solution????
RideZ

Post by RideZ »

I am having the same problem here but, it only occurs when i flip horizontal setting. The camera is mounted upside down!

running an older compaq laptop, Win7, gear head hd webcam
sensormonkey

Post by sensormonkey »

these issues (the horizontal lines anyway) look like artifacts from either image formation or readout - lines of detector data being duplicated in spatially incorrect locations. It could be any number of things from the way the camera manufacturer reads off and arranges the data to how the image is written into memory. the vertical lines could be a similar issue but it could also be a different focal plane related issue, I don't really know. Ultimately, there's not likely an easy way to "fix" the camera but as a processing step you could add a filter in that sets a temporal threshold for motion - in order to trigger an event motion must be detected above the set % and also for a specific number of frames or seconds. That should alleviate most of these issues as they seems to be very short temporal instances. I have them also from 2 logitec C930e cameras. From what I've seen I could easily filter out any and all events that do not result in sustained movement for at least a half second to 1 second.
sensormonkey

Post by sensormonkey »

*TLDR add a temporal filter - motion above detection threshold must persist for a least X seconds or X frames
michas

Post by michas »

Hey all. Do anyone know if this is going to be addressed at some point?

I have now tried using motion detection on four different windows PCs, all are having the same issue with horizontal lines triggering motion detection anywhere from every five seconds to every few minutes. In any case, the issue makes Yawcam a poor option for recording video.

After the third one I finally gave up and installed Motion on Ubuntu instead - Works fine. Then, I tried installing Wawcam on a fast new laptop, but the issue is the same..... Obviously it's a problem with Yawcam and not hardware/operating system.

However, I love the interface and authentication method (login via browser, rather than through HTTP request as with Motion). Also, all of the webcams output video of poorer quality and lower frame rate on Linux than what can be achieved through Yawcam in Windows. I would love to see the issue resolved...

Malun? :)
OwensDataCenter

Post by OwensDataCenter »

I have this problem too, FYI Its a software problem.