Yawcam freezing! =S

Report and discuss bugs here!
mcruzmx

Yawcam freezing! =S

Post by mcruzmx »

Hi, I have been set up yawcam, for many months ago it was working good! really god, but I have like a week with this problem, it only work (some times) like 5 minutes or less, the image doesnt change and when I close (remotly) my internet explorer and I open it again, I can't connect, I have to restart the remote computer or sing up by remote desktop (or ultravnc) and open yawcam's control panel, clic in disabe "stream" and clic "enable" stream, so, what do you think that it's happening?

this is a bad problem =S I miss a lot of time.

thanks for any help :oops:
mcruzmx

Post by mcruzmx »

please any help? :cry:
smc

same problem

Post by smc »

I am having this exact same problem....
diamine

Post by diamine »

Hello,
I'm experiencing a similar problem:
When I activate stream with Yawcam it works, I test streamin with my smartphone after 10 min, and after 30 min... and i can see live my cam.

When i re-check after some hours i cannot receive answer from my ip, qhe i come back to home yawcam is there, and seems to be doing his work, but i cannot see my streaming cam. Only a restart make it working again.

So i tried to re-start it in evening and left him active for the whole night... at morning (after 7 hours) i tested it... works. Great!
Then gone to work, tried to connect... and got the same "WSAETIMEDOUT, Connection timed out".

System WinXP SP2, Port is 80, open via router (uTorrent works, other webcam webserver streaming softwares works... but they are not as good as yawcam).

If anyone of the coders would need more info I'm available to help.
mcruzmx

answer

Post by mcruzmx »

has you tried to refresh your remote and local ip? that could be a cache problem, restart your router (host/cliente) cuz we don't know where is the problem exactly, so, that is very helpful when you get this kind of errors. (or in my case it was)

also try to re-connect the webcam, shutdown the service-yawcam if you are using it and then turn it up again.

good luck! :roll:
RamonS

Post by RamonS »

Same issue here running 0.3.0 on top of Windows 2003 32bit. Stream works fine for several days, then it just dies. Restarting Yawcam application brings everything back to life.
As far as I can tell the only issue is with the HTTP stream (which supposedly was fixed in 0.3.0), file as well as the application itself work fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated, especially since YawCam is the best web cam app I could find!

Edit: Some more info: URL is managed via DynDNS and access to regular port 80 web server on same box is fine. Tried IP as well, no difference. Deleted browser cache, which didn't do anything as well. Tried accessing YawCam stream via local network (uses fixed IPs) and that doesn't work either. Therefore, I doubt it is a cache/IP/URL/firewall issue.
RamonS

Some more info

Post by RamonS »

I went ahead and adjusted the HTML files to work for my web server that also runs Yawcam. Turns out that the streaming portion of Yawcam runs rock solid. I can access my web server and load the page with the Java control and see the stream even after days of running. That makes me believe that the web server inside of Yawcam is dying after about a day becoming unable to serve up the page. I will switch the HTTP output on and have it work on a different port. That should give the same result if my theory is right.

By the way, thanks for already crafting the custom page to use. Dropped the URL in at the two spots and that was it. Can't get much easier.