IP Url?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
sc684

IP Url?

Post by sc684 »

I've successfully installed Yawcam and Java, but the application isn't able to detect my laptop's integrated webcam. I tried "IP Camera" connection by inputting my ip address url, still no avail. I read a similar post on this forum and tried their solution by attaching ":8888/cgi.cam" (or something like it) and not able to connect. Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I just try a remote access app like Teamviewer from my phone to turn on the my laptop's webcam when I'm away from my home?

My landlord lives across town, but his son lives next to me. I suspect he may be opening and re-sealing my packages and entering my home at times. I have a necklace missing and there are times when I open my front door, my dog -who usually greets me right at the door with relaxed and happy posture- would stand away from the door looking concerned or curious until he actually sees or realizes it's me. I'd really like to have proof if the guy is snooping around my home or hopefully prove he has not and have peace of mind.

Thanks in advance!
malun
Site Admin

Re: IP Url?

Post by malun »

The option "IP Camera" is only intended for network cameras. If want to use your laptop's integrated camera, that should show up as an separate option when you click "Settings -> Detect video devices..."

If Yawcam can't detect your integrated camera, start by updating the drivers for your integrated camera.

/malun