Service Not Starting - Service didn't respond in a timely fa

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Codster314

Service Not Starting - Service didn't respond in a timely fa

Post by Codster314 »

Hello;

I use to use the old BETA version (the initial one with the Service). The service worked fine in this version.

When I uninstalled the old one, and reinstalled the newest version I found many features I wanted (flip/forcetextfile removed) which I love. I am glad to see more development on this software.

However, after setting everything up, shutting down YawCam, and Install/START service, it installs fine, but during start it just hangs for a while and then gives an error saying the service didn't respond in a timely fashion and didn't START.

I am running Windows Server 2008 - 64bit.
I install YawCam as administrator and run it as administrator (everything works fine if I run it normally).
I then run the install service as administrator. I see the Service installed in my control panel > admin > services.
I then start the service (as administrator) and it just sits there for a bit and says service couldn't start (service didn't respond in a timely fashion).

Any ideas? Or other information I can give you?

I tried to alter the service info to fix the problem (run service as user account "Administrator", instead of Local Service. Allow service to interact with desktop). None of these help.

Again the old version service worked fine with Windows Server 2008. Dure after upgrading did the service cannot start any longer.

~code
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Did you try uninstalling the service then reinstalling it normally?