Suggestion: Pop-up Preview window on motion?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Darryl

Suggestion: Pop-up Preview window on motion?

Post by Darryl »

I think it would be nice to have the Preview window closed so I can use all of my monitor screen for other programs I am running, but I would like the Preview window to popup immediately on motion detection and minimize automatically when the motion stops or after an optional number of seconds. Thanks.
arminlinder

Re: Suggestion: Pop-up Preview window on motion?

Post by arminlinder »

Hi ...

though this suggestion was posted a while ago, and it seems to be

a) fairly easy to implement and
b) really, really useful in some scenarios

it didn't ever make it to the official "suggestions" list. I wonder why, and I recommend this suggestion be put on the list for the next version.

My intended use is as follows: I have my home-office down in the basement on opposite side of my house, so there is no chance to see who rings my doorbell and decide wheter I should activate the door-opener, use the intercom or :D pretend that I am not home :D . I put up a webcam at my door, and set up yawcam on my office PC, both work together well, and I get an alarm when yawcam's motion detection feature detects someone approaching my doorstep.

The ultimate solution would be if the motion detection alarm would automatically bring up the preview window and put it in the foreground.

I'd like this feature implemented in addition to the other alarm actions yawcam does already support, so I could have the popup, and still have a few pictures of the visitor saved to my home-server's ftp drive - to support the investigations in case I decide to open the door and find out that I rather shouldn't have. :shock:

Greetz from Germany

Armin.
malun
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Pop-up Preview window on motion?

Post by malun »

Thanks for the suggestion!
I see why this could be useful.

It's now added to the todo-list. But as always, I can't say anything about when it will be implemented.
The todo-list is long and time is short...

/malun