Not finding camera

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
KeithBC

Not finding camera

Post by KeithBC »

On my desktop, with Win7Pro (64-bit), Yawcam does not find the ZWO camera. On my laptop, with Win7 Home Premium (64-bit), Yawcam does find the camera. (Obviously, I am moving the cameras between the two computers for these tests.)

I reinstalled Yawcam and reinstalled the driver for the ZWO camera, but it made no difference. I have verified that other software (AmCap, SharpCap, FireCapture) can correctly see both the ZWO and the Microsoft cameras.

Here is a screen shot showing the problem:

What setting an I missing?

Thanks.
Keith
z3r0c00l12

Re: Not finding camera

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Have you tried the option "Detect Webcam" under settings?
KeithBC

Post by KeithBC »

Yes. It lists the same selections as the "Change To" menu option.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Can you try plugging in the webcam, making sure it initializes properly, you can even test it, then reboot and check Yawcam, if it sill doesn't appear in Yawcam, run the Detect Webcam option again.

If after all that, it still doesn't show up, then it's likely a driver issue.
KeithBC

Post by KeithBC »

Well, I can try doing that one more time, but the results are predictable, I think. No reason why it would work differently this time than the last.

The relevant questions are why other apps can see it and Yawcam can't, and why it works on Win7 Home Premium and not on Win7 Professional. Same drivers, installed off the same CD.
efetieruno

Post by efetieruno »

have you tried rebooting your computer?
Trinalynn59

Post by Trinalynn59 »

Restarting my Desktop did not help. Yawcam still does not see my webcam. I use it for security and when I left the other day it was working but when I got back home there was a message saying that yawcam could not find my webcam. I have uninstalled and reinstalled yawcam. The same for my webcam, and I checked it's drivers, which are up to date.
Suggestions please. We have trouble with our apartment manager entering apartments while people are gone. And with the motion detection I feel that if she does enter mine I at least have a chance of being the one that finally outing her to the people that hired her. No one else in the building is capable of this set up. And the manager doesn't know it is here.
Please Help