How to...

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
mcruzmx

How to...

Post by mcruzmx »

:oops: how can I set "disable" or "enable" the streaming from the remote computer? I have ftp all access to the computer that have yawcam (local) could I change any file? or something like that? or maybe I can make like a .bat with a line command, or I don't know if it's possible something like "yawcam.exe /disable" from cmd of windows, or I don't know, please help to me.

Thanks! :cry:
securidad

Post by securidad »

As best as I can tell, Yawcam does not have remote control built in. So the easiest way to do this is with a remote terminal connection to the Yawcam computer. Maybe using RealVNC or whatever your version of windows has available.

Another option is to download psTools which provides process start stop ability remotely, or from the local computer with a bat script.

If you're stopping and starting the process, you would need two versions of your yawcam_settings.xml file. Use Yawcam to edit your setting to enable streaming and copy the yawcam_settings.xml file to settings_enable.xml, then edit settings to disable and copy the xml file to settings_disable.xml.

So to enable you would:

1) stop yawcam (the process is probably going to be javaw and if you have several java programs running, then you have to figure out which one is yawcam)
2) copy settings_enable.xml to yawcam_settings.xml
3) start yawcam

To disable the streaming:

1) stop yawcam
2) copy settings_disable.xml to yawcam_settings.xml
3) start yawcam

If you didn't control the processes remotely from the command line, you would have to write a script that watches a folder. So when you ftp a file, e.g., enable.txt, to the folder, it would trigger its action. the file doesn't have to have anything in it. You would just do an "exists" test for the file. When your batch script is done, you would delete the file enable.txt (or disable.txt).

Hope this helps.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

If you have Windows XP or Windows Vista you can take "remote control" of your Yawcam computer.
When you know when you have to turn on/off Yawcam, you can use the Sheduler.
See Yawcam - On-line help for how to use it.
billykrystal245

Re: How to...

Post by billykrystal245 »

The solution is simple. I'm using Macro Recorder btw. Just set the Yawcam main dialog in left top corner of screen .Now create a macro that clicks on motion button or streaming .Now you create executable macro file from macro. To control i use android app called remote launcher to launch macro or use telnet client like PsExec to launch for windows or linux.