Format Settings (resolution change desired)

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Ah, okey now I see.

Yes, right now the Device properties and Format control will start to behave strange when Force video format is used.

The Force video format is only a temporary solution and I will try to fix all the format selection problems in a later version. In the mean time, use the Force video format and not the Format control.

/malun
scjessey

Post by scjessey »

malun wrote:Yes, right now the Device properties and Format control will start to behave strange when Force video format is used.

The Force video format is only a temporary solution and I will try to fix all the format selection problems in a later version. In the mean time, use the Force video format and not the Format control.
Oh I get you. That's really cool. Thank you for figuring out this temporary solution - it works really well.
ducmonster

Post by ducmonster »

malun wrote: An image says more than thousand words :D
I can see that you have the option "hide file extensions for known file types" selected for your Windows. This means that the text file you created now actually is named forcevideoformat.txt.txt But the last .txt is not displayed.
This is why Yawcam doesn't enable the extra menu option.
Solve this by removing the .txt in the file name (if you leave the widows settings as they are now...)

/malun
You would think that an MCSE would notice something like that..... :?

yay ... it now allows the force mode.....

I can change it to any of the options listed in the drop down box.....

The preview window is resized after that, but the picture is not sharp at all... Then when I go back to the Force Video menu setting, it has gone back to 320x240 bit depth 12..... ??? :( see pic here
http://members.iinet.net.au/~scagman/images/screen.jpg

Hmmm.. maybe time to try another camera.....

Ducmon[/url]
scjessey

Post by scjessey »

scjessey wrote:Force video format... is working just fine as far as I can tell.
Any settings changes (like editing an overlay, or changing the text on a page) will result in the changes made in Force video format... reverting (which makes the image smaller, in my case). This forces the user to reload the web page once the video format has been reapplied in order to correct the problem.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, now when I think about it... It sounds possible that this could happen. I'll have a look at it this weekend.

/malun
ducmonster

yep

Post by ducmonster »

I found that was the case, as long as I dont change anything after forcing the res, its ok.

Thanks again Magnus...
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The new beta version:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599

also has the "force video format trick". But this version ignores the camera settings in "Settings -> Edit Settings... -> Camera" when the file forcevideoformat.txt exists. This means that only the "Force video format..." menu affect the video settings and you can change all other settings without changing the video format.

Try it and let me know how it works for you.

/malun