i can get local streaming but not online for other people to

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
md81593

i can get local streaming but not online for other people to

Post by md81593 »

I can get local streaming but not online for other people to see it I have windowes xp media center 2005 verizon dsl and a linksys wrt54gs wireless router I have the ports fowarded and have even canged the ports but sadly nothing :(
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Check if the ip address reported as "Public IP:" in the settings under "Settigns -> Edit settings... -> Connection" is the same address as the one used as public/external/WAN address in your router.

1) If they are the same everything is good and it should be possible for you to get Yawcam up and running.
2) If they differ something/someone is making life hard on you and you might not be able to use Yawcam's built-in webserver.

In the first case, check that you have forwarded the ports from your router to your "Yawcam computer" correctly. If this doesn't help, try to change the port number. Try a port number different than the 8XXX series.

Use the function "Help -> Am I online?" to check if other people can see you over the Internet.

Also read the router configuration guide:
http://www.yawcam.com/help/routerconfig.php

In the second case, check how your Internet Service Provider is connecting you to the Internet. Is it via a transparent proxy? That means trouble...

/malun