Adjustable Motion Detection Recording Duration

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
KyleUmberger

Adjustable Motion Detection Recording Duration

Post by KyleUmberger »

I've looked through the topics from the past few years and it doesnt look like the issue has been solved. i was outback messing with a live trap that my webcam is recording and im only getting 6-10 second videos consecutively. where one stops the next begins immediately. its a waste of space and could easily be fixed with either a preset video duration or a cycled reference image set on a timer thats activated by the motion detection. once the motion is detected it should record for a preset duration and then capture a new reference image that the motion detection could base off of. once the motion detection stops recognizing a difference from the reference image, it can stop recording. 6 second videos is just too short. the ability for a user to adjust their recording time per video would cut down on excess files to sift thru to find the logs needed. please update or include this feature in the newest version.
patriciarobinson

Re: Adjustable Motion Detection Recording Duration

Post by patriciarobinson »

KyleUmberger wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:24 pm uno onlineI've looked through the topics from the past few years and it doesnt look like the issue has been solved. i was outback messing with a live trap that my webcam is recording and im only getting 6-10 second videos consecutively. where one stops the next begins immediately. its a waste of space and could easily be fixed with either a preset video duration or a cycled reference image set on a timer thats activated by the motion detection. once the motion is detected it should record for a preset duration and then capture a new reference image that the motion detection could base off of. once the motion detection stops recognizing a difference from the reference image, it can stop recording. 6 second videos is just too short. the ability for a user to adjust their recording time per video would cut down on excess files to sift thru to find the logs needed. please update or include this feature in the newest version.
Great idea. It's superb when we can set how long the webcam will record after detecting motion.